22 May Unique Ways To Disguise Your Outdoor Air Conditioning Unit
Air conditioning is essential during hot summer months, but many homeowners don’t find the outdoor unit to be aesthetically pleasing. Fortunately, there are ways to keep your home beautiful and stay cool this summer. Here are a few tips to help you disguise your outdoor AC unit.
Air Conditioning Disguise Tips:
- Gardening – Pick the perfect plants to surround your AC unit. Ornamental grasses are a great choice because they don’t become overgrown. If you prefer shrubs, Indian hawthorn is another excellent choice.
- Fencing – If you use a fence to disguise your unit, just make sure that you leave at least 3 feet of empty space around it. This distance will allow for airflow and enough room for you to access the unit.
- Drip Irrigation – This system will help keep the plants around your unit hydrated, without corroding your AC unit.
- Don’t Use Covers – Covering the top of your AC unit can reduce air circulation. This will heat up the space around it and reduce the efficiency of your system. AC units need about 5 to 6 feet of clearance above them.
- Storage – Build a fence higher than your AC unit and use the space to store shovels and hoses! This is a great way to utilize space and keep your AC unit out of sight.
Remember to call Wahl Heating, Cooling & Plumbing for all of your installation and repair service needs. Contact our office by calling (412) 265-2662. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about your air conditioning unit!