23 Mar Spring Cleaning Checklist
Warm(ish) weather is finally here, and with spring weather comes spring cleaning. It’s important to properly prep your home now, so you don’t have to worry about everything as much once the really nice weather comes around. Whether you try to knock it all out in one weekend or you take your time, follow this spring cleaning checklist to get your home tidy and comfortable.
Your Laundry Room
- Clean the Dryer Vent: A dirty vent can cause dangerous fires.
- Clean the Washing Machine: These can smell musty after a while, so purchase a cleaning bar, and run it through the machine to clean the inside of your washer.
- Clean the Bedding: Dust mites and allergens live in your bedding, so wash your sheets, comforter, and pillowcases in hot water to fully clean them.
- Rotate the Mattress: This extends the life of your mattress and prevents you from sleeping in any sinking areas.
All Over the House
- Dust Everything: Walls, furniture, ceiling fans, blinds – you name it. Just make sure to use a microfiber cloth, so the dust clings to that and doesn’t go into the air.
- Vacuum Everything: Carpet, upholstery, and curtains should be vacuumed to get rid of deep-rooted dust mites and allergens.
- Check the Alarms: Replace the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors, and test them to make sure they’re working properly.
- Clean/Change the Furnace Filters: Clean filters allow your furnace to run more efficiently and properly filter particles from the air it pumps into your home.
Wahl Family Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing can help you get your home ready for spring with HVAC maintenance and plumbing repair. We’ve been serving the Pittsburgh metro area since 1980 and guarantee you the best service possible. For all your HVAC and plumbing needs, #GetWahl by calling (412) 265-2662.