21 Jul Summer Plumbing Tips
Did you know that warm weather can strain your plumbing system? Fortunately, there are a few ways homeowners can protect their plumbing system on hot days. Here are a few tips to help you avoid common plumbing problems this summer.
Common Summer Plumbing Problems:
- Avoid Sewer Line Backup – Rainy summers can cause water to leak through cracks in your pipes. This can cause the lines to back up. If you are experiencing any sewer line trouble, call our office to have your lines checked.
- Sweaty Ductwork – Humid weather can cause your ductwork to “sweat.” This can cause a backup if your drains are not clear.
- Save Energy – If you are going away on a summer vacation, save energy and money by turning down your water heater while you are away.
- Garbage Disposal Care – Disposals take a lot of abuse during the summer months. In order to make sure your garbage disposal lasts a long time, you should always be conscious of what you are putting down there.
- Washing Machine Maintenance – Spending days at the beach and in the pool could mean more laundry to wash. Stay at home while your machine is running so that if there is a problem, you can stop the cycle and call a professional.
Learn more about how to keep your plumbing system in shape and the plumbing services we offer by visiting our website! Call 1-855-GET-WAHL to contact our heating, cooling and plumbing professionals.