07 Jan How Can You Save Energy This Winter?
Cold winter weather often means using more energy to keep your home warm. Fortunately, there are ways to save money on your utilities. Here are a few tips to help you reduce energy consumption this winter!
Winter Energy Saving Tips:
- Use Sunlight – While sunlight may be limited in the winter months, use it to your advantage! Sunlight is a great way to bring warmth into your home for free. Open the curtain during the day and close them at night to reduce cold chills.
- Install a Programmable Thermostat – Programmable thermostats can be set at different temperatures throughout the day. This means that you save energy while you’re at work, but keep your home warm when you need it most.
- Dress Warmly – Wear and extra sweater or use an extra blanket when sleeping at night. This will help you feel warmer when the temperature in your home is lower. You’ll save energy and still feel comfortable.
- Schedule HVAC Maintenance – If your heating system isn’t working efficiently, you could be losing a lot of money. Schedule an appointment for one of our HVAC professionals to come check and service your system. We can help make sure that your furnace filters are replaced and that your heating system isn’t working harder than it needs to.
- Adjust Your Water Heater Temperature – Check your water heater temperature. Many water heaters are pre-set at a much higher temperature than they need to be. A warm setting of 120 degrees Fahrenheit is perfect for your water heater. It will help save you money and energy this winter!
- Keep Heating Vents Clear – You don’t want your furniture blocking your air vents. This poses both a safety concern as well as keeps your heat source from being circulated through your home efficiently.
You can also contact our office with any questions or problems you have with your heating, cooling, or plumbing system. Call (412) 265-2662 to contact our professional technicians. We can help address all of your home plumbing problems!