13 May What Size Air Conditioner Do I Need?
Looking to install a new air conditioning system this summer? It’s important that you choose the right sized unit to cool your home comfortably and efficiently. Here are a few tips to help you choose the right air conditioning unit for you home needs.
Air Conditioning Sizing Tips:
- First, you need to determine the square footage of your home. This is the area that needs to be cooled.
- Determining square footage of square and rectangular rooms: Length of the room X the width of the room.
- Determining the square footage of triangular areas: Multiply the length of the area by the width and then divide by
- Use the chart below provided by Energy Star to determine what cooling capacity you will need for your room size.
3. Lastly, you’ll need to adjust for any unique factors that affect your room. Is it heavily shaded by trees? Is the room very sunny with a lot of open windows? Depending on the unique needs of the room, you may need to adjust the cooling system needed.
Having trouble picking the right air conditioning unit for your home needs? Our professional technicians at Wahl Family Heating, Cooling & Plumbing are here to help! Call (412) 265-2662 to schedule an appointment for a consultation or visit our website to learn more about our plumbing, heating and cooling services, as well as the accessories we offer.