08 Aug Types of Water Heaters
Do you realize how important your water heater is to the functioning of your home? It allows you to clean your clothes, dishes, and yourself, among other things. If yours breaks down beyond repair, you’ll need a new one fast, so use this list to sort through the types of water heaters and determine which replacement is the best fit for your home.
Types of Water Heaters:
- Conventional Tank: These are the more traditional water that store hot water in a reservoir.
- Tankless: Tankless units only heat water when you need them to.
- Heat Pump: These move heat from one location to another rather than generating heat specifically to heat water.
- Solar: As the name implies, these use the sun’s heat to provide you with hot water.
Choosing Types of Water Heaters:
You should consider a few factors when choosing your new type of water heater.
- Size: The size of your home and the number of people using hot water in it will affect the size of water you will need for your home.
- Energy Efficiency: The higher energy efficiency your type of water heater has, the cheaper it will be to operate and the lower your utilities will be.
- Fuel Type: The type of fuel your water heater uses will affect the size and energy efficiency. When choosing between types of water heaters, you’ll also need to determine each type’s fuel availability and cost.
You can rest assured that Wahl Family Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing will help you each step of the way choosing a water heater that will not only provide enough hot water for your entire family’s needs, but also one that will be energy efficient for your wallet. For more information or to schedule a service, call us at (412) 265-2662.