19 Nov How Can You Save Energy This Fall?
Staying warm during cold fall and winter months doesn’t have to be expensive. With a few simple changes to your home maintenance routine, you can save energy and money!
Energy Saving Tips:
- Cover Up Windows – Do you have any drafty windows in your home? Try covering them with a clear plastic sheet or installing a tight-fitting, insulated window covering.
- Adjust Your Thermostat – Change your thermostat temperature when you are home, asleep, and at work. Turning your thermostat down 10-15 degrees can save about 10% off year heating and cooling bills each year!
- Seal Up Any Leaks – Add caulk or weatherstripping to your windows and doors to seal any air leaks up. This will help keep cold air outside and warm air inside throughout the Fall and Winter months!
- Schedule a Check Up – You should have your heating system checked once a year to make sure that the system is working well. Our technicians can help you prevent any heating problems before they occur and help keep your system operating efficiently.
- Adjust Your Water Heater – Turn down the temperature of your water heater to 120 degrees F. This will help you keep your water at a comfortable temperature and lower your utility bill.
You can also contact Wahl for your annual HVAC maintenance checkup! Call (412) 265-2662L today!