04 Mar How Do You Know It Is Time For A New AC Unit?
How Do You Know It Is Time For A New AC Unit?
Do you need to upgrade your AC unit? HVAC units are built to last, but unfortunately, they don’t last forever. There are a few warning signs that can help you determine if it’s time for a replacement.
- Air is not blowing out of the vents well enough: It’s important for your AC unit to be able to push the air throughout your home, otherwise, it won’t cool properly. If you notice a significant decrease in the airflow coming through vents and nothing seems better with switching settings, then most likely there is a problem with the blower, filter, or refrigerant charge. Getting it replaced before that can save you and your family from unexpected expenses or emergency calls which are usually very stressful.
- The AC unit is producing excessive moisture or leaking: One of the most common signs that your AC isn’t functioning properly is water pooling around your unit. Excessive amounts of water can promote mold growth and bacteria in your home, which could be a health hazard. If you notice these excessive amounts, it’s important to get them evaluated right away! Timeliness is essential because too much untreated water can create real issues with electrical components. This is critical because these are designed only for dry conditions.
- The temperature coming out of the air vent is not right: After years of use, your AC unit may have a really hard time maintaining a proper temperature. If the air is warmer than that desired by the thermostat – this is a key sign. This will make it feel very uncomfortable inside.
- Weird sounds are coming from the AC unit when it is running: Fixing a broken AC unit can be pretty challenging, with so many working parts. You may have tried to repair it or maintain it but the sounds keep coming back. However, when louder noises happen like screeching, rattling, and scraping – you should call for an AC replacement or tune-up.
- Your air conditioner needs frequent repairs: If you’re having problems and the warranty has expired, it’s a better investment to replace your system than repair it. Not only are you shelling out money for repairs, but more than likely your energy bill is higher every month. That adds up really quickly! Expensive repairs after the warranty expires can be a sign that it’s time to replace the AC unit.
- The monthly energy bill has increased significantly: If your AC unit is working much harder and using more energy to try to keep your home at the proper temperature, something has most likely gone wrong with it. A healthy, functioning air conditioner should run efficiently and effectively. Unless there was a recent dramatic weather change that correlates with your bill increase, it’s likely that there is a major problem in the system.
Why You Should Check Your AC Unit Now
While needing a new air conditioner can be frustrating, it is best to do it now. With supply chain issues still plaguing the HVAC industry don’t wait before scheduling your tune-up or replacement. At Wahl we always provide multiple flat rate upfront options for you to choose from, with no surprise fees. We also offer lighting fast financing options. You can even finance repairs for those who qualify. We have second look financing as well. As the weather begins to get warmer, more people will need AC units. The unfortunate part is that means less time HVAC companies will have to repair yours. This spring and summer season, Wahl Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing wants to ensure that you are properly cooled. Call us at 1-855-438-9245 or schedule directly on www.wahlheatingandcooling.com.
Check out our video on air conditioner repair in Pittsburgh – https://youtu.be/8wd9UXcIvV0