22 Apr How to Green Your Home for Earth Day
Happy Earth Day! Looking for ways to reduce your environmental impact and make your home more sustainable? Here are a few tips to help you “green” your home plumbing and HVAC systems.
Eco-Friendly Home Tips:
- Use Your Fans – While your ceiling fan won’t make your room cooler, it will help circulate the cool air from your air conditioner around your room. The breeze can also help you feel cooler on a hot day!
- Turn Up Your Thermostat – Don’t blast your A/C this spring and summer. Changing your thermostat by just a few degrees can help you save money and reduce your environmental impact.
- Schedule HVAC Maintenance – HVAC maintenance is essential to keeping your system working efficiently. By having your cooling system checked by a professional this spring, you can correct any problems and make sure that your system isn’t overworking.
- Install Low-Flow Fixtures – Your toilet is responsible for about 27% of the water use in your home. This is more than your washing machine, dishwasher and shower! Updating your bathroom with a low-flow toilet can help you make significant cutbacks on your home water usage.
- Check For Leaks – Have a leaky faucet? Don’t put off correcting the issue. Even small water leaks can add up over time.
For more tips on how to green your home this Earth Day, check out this article from Inhabitat.
Contact our office if you have any questions about your home heating, cooling, or plumbing systems this spring. Our experienced technicians can help you make your home more eco-friendly. Call (412) 265-2662 to contact the professionals at Wahl Family Heating, Cooling & Plumbing.