03 Mar Things Your Plumber Wishes You Knew
In life, it’s always great to get a new perspective on things. That’s why so many of us take our friends’ advice and recommendations. However,
- Start using a live enzyme plumbing product to keep your sewer lines clean. These products keep your sewer lines from getting clogged by grease and other byproducts. Live enzyme products may be more expensive than other plumbing products, but they will save you money and effort in the long run.
- Check your stops under sinks and behind toilets. Ensure they turn easily so you can shut them off if there’s a leak or other problem.
- Don’t put starch products down your garbage disposal. Items such as coffee grounds, potatoes, and rice will most likely turn into a paste and clog your disposal. Small amounts of these items are fine, but if you’re stuffing 10 potatoes worth of peelings down your disposal, you’re in for a problem.
- Make sure you know where your water main shuts off. If you live in a condo or apartment, see if you’re able to shut off individual units or if the entire building must be turned off. Shutting off your water main can really come in handy if you have a bad leak.
- If you’re buying a new home, make sure the sewer lines are inspected first. If there are any root or settling problems with the house’s sewer lines, it’s best to know before you purchase the house so you don’t have to deal with plumbing problems on top of a new mortgage.
It’s important to know what to do and what not to do when it comes to your home’s plumbing. The trained plumbers at Wahl Family Heating, Cooling, & Plumbing can offer you plenty of advice on keeping your home’s plumbing running smoothly. If something does go wrong, we have 30 plus years of experience and are confident that we can solve even the toughest plumbing problems.
If you’re in need of plumbing services in the Pittsburgh Metro area, #GetWahl by calling (412) 265-2662.