06 May World Asthma Day
Today is World Asthma Day! Did you know that 8 out of 10 people in the US are exposed to house dust mites? This allergen, along with pollen, mold, and pet dander, can cause allergic reactions and trigger asthma symptoms in sensitive people. The first step in reducing allergy and asthma symptoms is improving indoor air quality.
Here are a few ways to reduce indoor allergens:
- Wash Bedding – You should wash you bedding every week. This includes sheets, uncovered pillows, and stuffed toys. You can also put a zippered allergen impermeable cover on your pillows, mattresses and box springs.
- Vacuum – While vacuuming will not reach dust mites deep in carpets and mattresses, you should still vacuum once or twice a week to keep the surfaces of your home clean.
- Pets – If you are allergic to pet dander, keep your pet out of your bedroom and keep the door closed. You can also choose a pet without fur or feathers.
- Close Doors and Windows – Keep pollen and dust mites from entering your home by keeping doors and windows closed.
- Fix Leaks – Avoid mold spores by reducing moisture in the bathroom and kitchen.
At Wahl Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing, we offer complete care for your home service, maintenance and repair needs. We offer humidifiers, air cleaners, and dehumidifiers to improve indoor air quality. To learn more about the services we offer and how you can improve indoor air quality, visit our website or call (412) 265-2662.