22 Oct Furnace Tune-Up Tips
Yearly fall furnace tune-ups are an important part of keeping your HVAC system running efficiently. Checking your system before the cold weather hits will help you avoid problems when you need your furnace the most! Here are a few tips to help keep your furnace in good shape before you turn it on for the winter.
Furnace Tune-Up Tips:
- Check the Air Ducts – Loose connections, gaps and holes in your air ducts will make your HVAC system work harder to keep your home warm in the winter months.
- Change Your Air Filters – Air filters should checked once a month and they need to be replaced when they get dirty.
- Check the Belts – Certain furnace models have blower belts. The belt should give slightly when pushed down. If it needs to be replaced, give us a call!
- Drain Line Cleaning – Before you turn on your furnace you may want to clean the drain line. This will get rid of any residue in your system.
- Safety First – Safety is an important part of any home tune-up. Check your household carbon monoxide and smoke detectors before turning on your furnace for the year. It might be time to change your batteries!
Check out this Angie’s List article for more home furnace tips. You can also contact our professional HVAC technicians for more information on how you can improve your home’s water efficiency. We offer complete repair and installation services. Call (412) 265-2662 today.