05 Nov Heating and Cooling Maintenance Checklist
Have you scheduled your fall HVAC maintenance check-up? It’s important to have your heating system checked before the temperature starts to drop. With a few simple maintenance steps, you can help keep your system running smoothly all year long. Here are a few of the things you should look for this fall.
- Thermostat Settings – A maintenance check-up should include checking your thermostat setting to make sure that your system is keeping your home at a comfortable temperature without wasting energy.
- Electrical Connections – Loose electrical connections can reduce the efficiency of your system. Tightening the connections and measuring the voltage and current will help make sure that your system has a long lifespan.
- Moving Parts – Motors should be lubricated during a check-up. This will help reduce the amount of electricity you are using to heat and cool your home.
- Condensate Drain – A clogged condensate drain in your central air conditioner, furnace, or heat pump can cause water damage in your home. It can also affect your indoor humidity levels.
- System Controls – We want to make sure that the system starts, operates, and shuts off properly.
- Air Filters – You should check your air filters once a month to see if they are dirty. A dirty filter can increase your energy costs and damage your equipment.
Visit the Energy Star website for more information on what you should be checking your heating and cooling system for this Fall. You can also contact Wahl Family Heating and Cooling to learn about what we can do to keep your system in good shape as the cooler weather hits. Call (412) 265-2662 today to schedule your Fall HVAC maintenance appointment or visit our website for more information.