24 Jul HVAC MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST
Is your HVAC system in good shape? Keeping up with regular maintenance can help prevent problems in the future! Here are a few things to keep in mind when going over your cooling system this summer.
- Check Thermostat – The settings on your thermostat should be set at a temperature that keeps you comfortable while you are home and saves energy when you are out at work!
- Tighten Electrical Connections – Measure voltages and currents on motors. Any faulty connections can cause unsafe operation of your system.
- Lubricate Moving Parts – Lack of lubrication can cause friction in motors and increase the amount of electricity used.
- Check & Inspect Condensate Drain – A plugged drain in your central air conditioner can cause water damage in the house and affect indoor humidity levels.
- Check Controls – Check the starting cycle of the equipment to make sure that your HVAC system is starting and operating safely.
Learn more about how to keep your HVAC system in shape and the plumbing services we offer by visiting our website! If you are experiencing any problems with your cooling system, call 1-855-GET-WAHL to contact our heating, cooling and plumbing professionals.