27 May Troubleshooting Common Air Conditioning Problems
Is your air conditioning system ready for warm summer weather? Air conditioning problems can be frustrating – especially on hot days. Here are a few of the most common air conditioning problems and how to address them.
Common A/C Problems:
- A/C Won’t Turn On – If your air conditioner won’t turn on, it might be because your thermostat isn’t set correctly. If your thermostat is at the right temperature, you should check your circuit breaker to see if you have a tripped fuse.
- A/C Doesn’t Feel Cool – If your air conditioner worked fine last year, but your home doesn’t feel comfortable this year, it is likely that you need to change your air filter. Filters can become dirty with dust – especially if you have pets in your home! This limits airflow and your home won’t feel as cool.
- High Utility Bills – Spending more on cooling your home this year? Change your filter! It is likely that a dirty filter is causing your air conditioner to work harder – increasing your energy bill. Give us a call for a spring tune-up!
- The Unit Makes Noises – There are a number of reasons why your A/C may be making rattling or buzzing noises. You may have a bent fan blade in your outdoor unit or your blower motor could be going. An inspection is the best way to determine the reasoning behind this A/C problem.
- A/C Causes Puddles – Air conditioning units remove the humidity from the air. In a unit that is working efficiently, the water will collect in the pan and flow into the floor drain or sump basin. If you are noticing water accumulation on the floor, this means that you may have a blockage or disconnection in the tube that removes this water.
Now is the perfect time to schedule an A/C tune-up to make sure that your cooling system is in good shape before you need it. If you are experiencing any air conditioning problems, contact our office or check out this article for more advice on why your air conditioning unit is experiencing a problem this year. The professional HVAC technicians at Wahl Family Plumbing, Heating, and Cooling will help with all of your air conditioning repair and air conditioning replacement needs.
Call (412) 265-2662 to contact the Pittsburgh AC repair professionals at Wahl Family Heating, Cooling & Plumbing today!