13 Aug What Should You Consider When Shopping for a Toilet?
Did you know that your toilet accounts for a third of your home water use? If you are remodeling your bathroom or you simply want to upgrade your bathroom fixtures, there are a few things you will want to consider when shopping for a new toilet.
- WaterSense – This label means that your toilet is a high-efficiency toilet. Although they use less water per flush, studies show that they flush just about as well as the 1.6 gallon models.
- Height – Different toilets sit higher or lower than others. A “comfort height” of 17-19 inches may be more comfortable for aging homeowners than the standard 14-15 inch toilet height.
- Shape – Certain shapes take up more room than others. While a round bowl takes up less space, an elongated bowl allows more seating room. Consider what your bathroom preferences are!
- Model Type – Two piece models with a tank that is separate from the bowl cost less, but are more difficult to clean.
- Color – Toilets can come in a number of different colors. However, most homeowners still tend to pick white. White toilets have a better home resale value.
For more information on what you should consider when shopping for a toilet for your bathroom, call us (412) 265-2662!