14 May When To Replace Your AC Unit
Is it time to replace your air conditioner? With hot summer months right around the corner, we recommend checking your AC unit to make sure that it is working well. Replacing old equipment can improve the performance of your system, save you money and keep you cool. Here are a few tips to help you determine if it’s time to replace your air conditioner.
Signs You Need a New Air Conditioner:
- It’s 10 Years Old – How old is your AC unit? If your system is more than 10 years old, it might be time for a replacement. Older models are significantly less efficient than newer ones. Energy star units can save you up to 20 percent on your utility bill.
- Frequent Repairs – If you are constantly finding that you need to repair your air conditioner, it might be beneficial to completely replace the system.
- High Energy Bills – If your energy bill is high, it could mean that your air conditioner is becoming less efficient with age.
- Humidity Problems – Inadequate equipment, leaky ductwork and poor operation can cause the air to be too humid in the summer. An AC unit that works will keep humidity out of your home.
- Noise – If your air conditioner is particularly loud, it could mean that you have an undersized duct system or a problem with the indoor coil.
For more tips on whether or not it is time to replace your air conditioner, visit the Energy Star website. You can also learn more about the installation, repair, and tune-up services we offer at Wahl Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing by calling (412) 265-2662 or visiting our website. Contact our office for all of your air conditioning needs!